Testing - Driving Simulator - vehicle dynamics
Application Field: Testing
Vehicle Fine Tuning
- virtualy test the vehicle using the same protocols as used in real life on test tracks.
- simulate a wide range of tests of road handling on smooth ground with variable grip or on bumpy roads with soft ground.
- monitoring any variable as a data acquisition channel.
- Extend the tests by reproducing them in a virtual environment. The benefits of a considered modification to the vehicle can be evaluated.
- Comparaison of several simulations or data files in order to track the evolution of the simulations and measure the gain.
Active chassis control
- Test automobile components under conditions close to the real world.
- Modelisation of each vehicle component, including those used by the active chassis control.
- Replacement a part of the model with your own component.
- Postprocessing and analysis can be done in SCANeRTMstudio or MATLAB/Simulink
- improve understanding of factors related to road safety:
- Study the effects of a new portion of road (round about, road layout...),
- Evaluate the interaction between driving conditions and the risk factor (speed, load...),
- Evaluate the impact of electronic stability systems on vehicles,
- Evaluate the interaction between weather conditions and the risk factor on a specific road.
- Evaluation usable grip (and other parameters related to the operating conditions of the vehicle) while driving the vehicle, by implementing an onboard dynamics model
- Road infrastructure management:
- damage assessment related to heavy truck usage of the road,
- compatibility assessment between the road layout and safety objectives,
- urban development studies.
- Deployment of urban vehicles with semi-automatic driving to obtain a high degree of accuracy during approach at the stops, and an excellent level of comfort during operation.
- Import of MxRoad data and use digitized maps of the road infrastructure.
- Correlation simulations with tests on the road.