SCANeR Headlight simulation software
SCANeR HEADLIGHT Interactive Simulation
The Headlight Interactive Simulation module of SCANeR™ studio is a powerful tool used for headlight systems design and realistic night drive experiments.
This module is a combined result of several research projects and customer requirements.
Applications: headlight studies, tests and benchmarking
- Headlight components and systems development (technology, design, cost optimization)
- Intelligent lighting system (AFS) development
- Night-time driving and weather conditions for road safety and comfort
- Impact of headlight system and traffic on driver (glare effects)
- Photorealistic rendering (BRDF): advanced shading model for real time 3D reflectance (wet road, snow, road marking…)
- Illumination measurement on ground/wall/traffic via virtual sensors.
- Mechanical data adjustable for each lamp (road height, cross car spacing, driver eye position…)
- Advanced front lighting system benchmarking (AFS analysis tool)
- Generation of user’s own AFS strategy using SDK interfaces
- Reduction of prototyping cost and time-to-market.
- Improvement of the quality of test phase, validation and tuning of light beam properties
Control desk interface
- Interactive real time headlight edition through an intuitive GUI
- Use of lighting strategy library (dll)
- Interactive measurement tools (ground grid, beam pattern, 2D/3D isolux, aiming wall)
- Open architecture with a powerful SDK (C++ API, RoadXML API, Labview® , Matlab®/ Simulink, HIL)
- HDR rendering (High Dynamic Range)
Headlight testing and driving in simulated environment
- Dynamics model
- Traffic model
- Scenario edition
- Customize road network and 3D environment
Photometric data input
- Goniometric data or virtual design data
- Standard photometric file formats: FOTA, IES
- Proprietary photometric file formats (on request)
- 30 light sources at 30Hz on a bi-Xeon Quadro FX5600 Windows XP/Vista/Seven
- Field of View: from 60° to 360° (multichannel)
- 3 km virtual roads
Car manufacturers and optical equipment suppliers, research centres and universities.
Feel free to contact us for any quotation.